PROTEIN EXPRESSION APPLICATIONS
Protein expression is a crucial tool for both production and study of proteins. Cell lines optimized for protein expression are used to manufacture therapeutics and also to study the inner workings of cells.
- Antibodies: Antibodies manufactured in genetically-modified cells are a important therapeutic and research tool, such as in this study, where a baculovirus vector was used to express a high-affinity chimeric antibody for CD19. This antibody is a potential treatment for leukemia.
- Gene Therapy: Cell lines are used to manufacture shRNA-producing vectors for gene silencing as well as other gene therapeutics.
- Vaccines: Recombinant organisms are used to produce both immune-activating proteins and virus-like particles. In this example, virus-like proteins that mimic murine polyomavirus are manufactured in both yeast and bacteria and compared for effectiveness.
- Cell Research: Cells modified for protein expression can be used to study intra and extra-cellular signaling, protein-protein interactions, folding and structural biology. An example of protein expression used to study cell signaling can be found in this study, which used murine vascular cells designed to under- and over-express TGFβ to study signaling pathways that may play a role in ocular diseases.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE:
- Request quote for:
- Protein Expression Services
- Protein Expression Applications
- Assay Development
- Western Blot
- Stability Analysis